Tuesday 7 January 2014

REFLECTIONS

As 2013 was closing,I went into discussion with a friend about the year's significant happenings,both world wide and in our petty little lives.That led me to take a step back and be thankful.I have so much to be thankful for and I don't do that very often.Tonight I'm doing that and I urge you to do the same.These are a few things that has made my being,a happier one here.

HEALTH : I am thankful for my health.For the fact that my 5 senses are fully functional for me to appreciate the beauty of this place,to smell that yummy chicken curry,to sway to mozzart,to feel the cool breeze hit my face on a warm afternoon and yes,to taste and devour the multitudes of cuisines.I am thankful for that.I can walk,run,skip,jump and ofcourse dance (something I love!)...If you can do all of the above or any,take a moment to breathe thankyou,many in this world cannot.

INTELLIGENCE : I am not meaning to brag here,but yes,I can decipher,understand and act on stuff.I can make sense of the world around me.(Literally yes,but philosophically,I still have a long way to go).So,I am thankful for the mind bestowed on me.

FAMILY : I am thankful for a close family.My brother is one of my best friends.My parents are just a phone call away.My grandparents have left legacies for me to learn from.My numerous cousins,aunts and uncles have made my days happier ones.I am the person I am today because of my family and I am thankful for them.

LOVE OF A GOOD MAN : I read somewhere,"To be in a marriage is the nicest place to be".It may not be the nicest place,but,I assure you,it sure is the best.I am thankful,I go to sleep holding the hand of a man who respects,loves and cares for me in ways that is hard to describe.

DAUGHTER : Having a child has been the greatest revelation for me.It has opened up a whole new world to me.It has made me realise my life is not the pivot of this world.Having my daughter has made me feel complete and whole in a wierd way and I am thankful for the completeness I feel.I love her to the ends of this earth.

WORK : I am thankful I am able to do something I am so passionate about.I am thankful that my husband has a wonderful job and we have money to house and feed our family,buy the things we want and some,we don't,without having to worry.I am thankful for the stability and the gratification of my job.

INCREDIBLE FRIENDS : Friends are the family you choose.I am greatly blessed on that note.I love my friends.They let me be who I am and love me for it.It's amazing and I am thankful for them.

I am thankful for my comfortable house.I am thankful for my terrace where I spend many a evening in peace.I am thankful for beautiful sunrises and sunsets.I am thankful for the beach and molaga bajji.I am thankful for pedicures and awesome shoes.I am thankful for coffee and bread.I am thankful for the people doing jobs I hate doing,like mechanics.I am thankful for clean sheets.I am thankful for crazy days and cozy nights.I am thankful for car rides and holidays.I am thankful for flowers and trees.

Of all the things I am thankful for,I am most thankful for my mother,she is my best friend with whom I have had my most bitter fights,nonetheless,she is my sunshine and I am thankful for her.

I hope each one of you thanked Him for something you appreciate and enjoy.Do share it with me.Have a good day:)


No comments:

Post a Comment